A 23-year old operations manager, Lokess Sittrasu, was sentenced to a total of 17 months and 1 week’s imprisonment for multiple offences involving causing hurt, drink driving and giving false information to the Police.
Here are some brief, available facts on the case:
- He pleaded guilty to 5 charges for offences involving causing hurt, drink driving and giving false information to the Police. 1 charge for an offence of possessing an offensive weapon was taken into consideration for the purpose of sentencing.
- He was sentenced to a total of 17 months and 1 week’s imprisonment, a fine of $1,000 and disqualified from holding a driving licence for 2 years.
- Together with a few others, he punched a property developer in the face for no obvious reason. This resulted in the victim suffering from a fracture around his left eye socket and double vision in his left eye.
- The incident took place at the Moonshine pub at Orchard Towers after Lokess and others had been drinking.
- For the drink driving charge, he drove his car into a lamp post and was found to have at least 69 micrograms of alcohol in every 100ml of breath. This is about twice the legal limit.
- His sentence was backdated to the date on which he was first remanded in custody.
More information on the case may be found here.
Leave a Reply