A 24-year old Indian national construction worker was sentenced to 2 weeks’ imprisonment for criminal trespass and 4 weeks’ imprisonment for insulting a woman’s modesty by peeping at her in a female toilet cubicle.
Here are some brief, available facts on the case:
- He pleaded guilty to 2 charges. 1 charge for having 8 obscene video files in his mobile phone was taken into consideration for the purpose of sentencing.
- He was sentenced to 2 weeks’ imprisonment for criminal trespass and 4 weeks’ imprisonment for insulting a woman’s modesty.The sentences were ordered to run concurrently.
- He had peeped the victim in a female toilet in Orchard Towers whilst she was relieving herself in the toilet.
- He was not represented by a criminal defence lawyer in Court.
- In mitigation, he told the Court that he had been drunk at the time of the offence. He also said that he had been working in Singapore for 2½ years and that he faced financial difficulties.
More information on the case may be found here.